Clean Air ZeroMist™ Oil Mist Filtration
The Clean Air ZeroMist™ Series includes a wide range of coalescing fiber bed filter systems designed for coolant mist, oil mist, and oil smoke applications.
Designed specifically for oil mist based (water/emulsion based) applications, the Clean Air ZeroMist™ captures the oily air at the source, filtering it out at 99.995% efficiency before releasing crystal clean, filtered air back into the facility. Utilizing the most advanced filters on the market, the technology used by the Clean Air ZeroMist™ units allows for the longest filter life on the market by using deep fiber bed filters that allow the oil to coalesce and drain off the filter allowing it to be reused or disposed of.
The Clean Air ZeroMist™ coalescing fiber bed technology is the best collection system on the market and was designed specifically to overcome inherent design flaws with competitive technologies. Current conventional technologies of mist and smoke collection systems are not designed to handle modern CNC machining process demands with high-pressure coolant delivery, sub-micronic particulate generation, and realistic maintenance demands. The Clean Air ZeroMist™ is an application-specific solution that overcomes these deficiencies.
CNC Machining is a process used in the manufacturing sector that involves the use of computers to control machine tools. Tools that can be controlled in this manner include lathes, mills, routers and grinders. CNC Machining is used in the production of many complex three-dimensional shapes. It is because of these qualities that CNC Machining is used in jobs that need a high level of precision or very repetitive tasks. Often water based coolants, semi-synthetic coolant, or an oil based coolant is applied by nozzles or flood emulsion to protect the tool and the work piece. This process produces a coolant mist, oily mist, and or oil smoke which is ideal for our Clean Air ZeroMist™ OM Series.
Hobbing is a machining process for gear cutting, cutting splines, and cutting sprockets on a hobbing machine, a special type of milling machine. The teeth or splines are progressively cut into the work piece by a series of cuts made by a cutting tool called a hob. Compared to other gear forming processes it is relatively inexpensive but still quite accurate, thus it is used for a broad range of parts and quantities. It is the most widely used gear cutting process for creating spur and helical gears; more gears are cut by hobbing than any other process, as it is relatively quick and inexpensive. Typically, these machines run on a lower intensity, and mist/smoke levels are light to moderate. These processes are ideal for the Clean Air ZeroMist™ OM series.
Parts washers are used in new manufacturing and re-manufacturing processes; they are designed to clean, de-grease, and dry bulk loads of small or large parts in preparation for assembly, inspection, surface treatment, packaging and distribution. Typically, these machines produce steam, mist, and often light smoke as well as detergent contamination. These machines are ideal for the Clean Air ZeroMist™ OM Series.
- Grinding (water-based & synthetic coolants)
- Turning (water-based & synthetic coolants)
- Milling (water-based & synthetic coolants)
- Machining (water-based & synthetic coolants) with moderate spindle speeds
- Designed for 24/7 operations, these units have the longest filter life in the industry!
- Self-draining filters
- Optional VFD packages for energy savings
- Heavy-duty cabinet construction made in the USA
- Maximum coolant reclaim
- Customization with modular construction
- Custom control panel options include UL/CSA rated magnetic IEC/NEMA motor starter packages, VFD Smart Panels™ and optional PLC packages that allow for complete monitoring of voltage, amperage, filter conditions, alarm conditions, and additional parameters.
- Eliminates coolant mist (neat oil or emulsion)
- With extremely low PM you can install and relax, checking gauges periodically
- Designed to work 24/7 even in high demand applications
- Simple and low cost to install
- Removes harmful particles including bacteria
- Extreme low maintenance
- Main filter life can exceed 2 years
- Reuse separated oil
- Speeds up the production process
- Can be connected to several machines
- Reduces power consumption
Why the Clean Air ZeroMist™?
- Oil mist collects on floors, walls, and machines creating a slippery, unsafe working area
- The oil smoke produced is hazardous to one’s health, OSHA regulated
- The oil that drops from the filter can be reused
- Longest filter life (3-5 year average), meaning less filter changes vs other collection systems
Health and Safety
Health and safety issues are being taken very seriously by a growing number of companies as OSHA, International, and industry standards increase. Many large US manufacturers are planning ahead and adopting European exposure limits as a global standard for their entire company and are exceeding OSHA Standards. To meet these standards companies must implement a highly efficient oil mist and oil smoke filtration system to filter out the particles.The exposure limits these companies are targeting range from .02 – 1 mg/m3 depending on company policy, well below the 5 mg/m3 standard set by OSHA. Older mist collector technology simply cannot provide these higher requirements and need a high tech and high efficiency unit to get reach these exposure limits.
Clean Air ZeroMist™ OM Series
|Saturated Airflow CFM||400CFM||600CFM||1200CFM||2400CFM||3600CFM||4800CFM||7200CFM|
Custom Designs & Modular Configurations
Clean Air American can take a single module, such as the OM 2400 in this example, and combine multiple units together width-wise to meet the larger flow requirements of certain projects.