Careers: Jobs at Clean Air America
Clean Air America is located in Rome, Georgia, which is ranked the number one small city in the southeastern United States. In The New Rating Guide to Life in America’s Small Cities, Rome, Georgia is rated the Most Livable Small City in the Southeast. Rome has also been ranked 12th out of 193 small cities in the country, placing higher than any other small city in Georgia and in the Southeast. Rome and Floyd County are credited with having one of the most solid, diversified economies in the southeast. Over the past decade, Floyd County has taken great care to recruit industries willing to make substantial long-term investments.
Current Openings Include:
Electrical Engineer/PLC Programmer
We are seeking an extremely bright, energetic self-starter with a customer-first mindset. We are also seeking someone who wants to be a major contributor in a small, dynamic work environment, loves a challenge, and have a strong balance of communication and people skills.
This position is primarily focused on all aspects of electrical engineering and PLC programming for established and developing products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Write new PLC programs, modify ladder logic, troubleshoot existing controls system, and modify existing applications to meet changing user requirements and business needs. Experience in Siemens controls system is a plus
- Create and modify HMI touch screen user interfaces on all machines.
- Experience in configuring Variable Frequency Drive(VFD) – ABB VFD and setting communication with Siemens PLC and other controllers (Siemens Logo, Crouzet)
- Create, read logic and flow diagrams for program design, programming, simulation, testing, and start-up.
- Develop schematics, wiring and panel layout designs.
- Write technical procedures and documentation for the applications including operations, user guide, etc.
- Assist in training users on new and existing programs.
- Collaborate with sales and production to implement custom systems.
- Design mechanical system and continuously seek improvement to existing design
- Create parts, assemblies, and drawings in SolidWorks, 90% sheet metal
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent.
- Three years programming experience on PLCs, HMIs, and VFDs preferred but not required.
- Experience with mechanical system and design in SolidWorks. Experience with sheet metal design, FEA/structural analysis, and manufacturing knowledge is a plus.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering Principles, working as part of a group of engineers, writing and using specifications.
- Extensive knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC) and Underwriters Laboratory codes (UL) among others.
- Project management skills – able to work on multiple projects at once and see them through to completion.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to communicate with other departments.
The ideal candidate must be able to work independently, has interest in taking initiative, and has the desire to learn new skills. Please respond with a cover letter, resume, and professional references to Clean Air America, Inc. 7 Superior Drive, Rome, GA USA 30161 Email: Jorgen@clean-air.com, Fax: 706-291-1747.